Sunday, January 19, 2014

Recipe Reblog: Vegetable Meatloaf

Sunday dinner for you this week! Do people prepare a traditional "Sunday Dinner" anymore? I hope so!

Vegetable Meatloaf with Balsamic Glaze: This recipe title, from the tasty Bobby Flay, is a bit misleading because it's actually a turkey meatloaf with extra veggies in the mix. Meatloaf is one of my all time favorite meals. No foolin'! I have loved meatloaf since I was a young eater. While I can be a purist and enjoy a good beef-based loaf, I try to use ground turkey whenever possible. In fact, I couldn't tell you the last time I bought ground beef. Anyway....with the ground turkey is: red pepper, yellow pepper and zucchini. WHAT?! You betcha. The balsamic glaze on top added a nice zippy acidity to complement the sweetness of the veggies. John and I both really liked this one a lot. Don't be scared. Vegetables are your friends! So is Bobby Flay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!