Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang

I just finished funny gal Chelsea Handler's second book Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang. If you're unfamiliar with Ms. Handler, she hosts Chelsea Lately on E! Her show is somewhat of an acquired taste but once you settle into her dry wit, it's a hoot! Her book is much the same. I was looking for something lighter and less heavy than the one I got 100 pages into recently and had to quit reading because it was too depressing and also disjointed (Thanks for steering me wrong NY Times, book editor!). I also previously read and enjoyed her first book, Are You There Vodka? It's me, Chelsea.

Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang is a series of hilarious stories about Handler and her life. She's always looking for a laugh which is much appreciated by me. I love books that are laugh out loud funny. If you've never seen her show or read her first book, start with one of those and then move onto this one. I think it helps if you're already a fan. Do not recommend this book for anyone who is easily offended by rough language and off color stories though. It's chock full of both!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!