Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Rough Shape

I am a hot mess today, guys. Here is a list and description of all my current ailments:

-Twitchy eye: For about the past week, my left eyelid will rapidly spasm back and forth for a couple seconds inexplicably. This happens at very regular intervals. One morning I counted it happening 3 times before I even got out of the shower. A friend said this is due to stress. I think this could be true but if I can't de-stress, will the twitching stop? I certainly hope so. It's very disconcerting to have no control over your eye movements. And I think John is tired of me pointing at my eye every time it happens and saying, "Look! Did you see it?" He has yet to do so.

-Cloudy eye: This happened just this morning and unfortunately, or fortunately, it also afflicts my left eye. What's curious here is that my vision is cloudy like when my contacts are cloudy, only, I wore my glasses today. No amount of blinking, rubbing or eye drops cleared up the cloudiness. Very frustrating. And it made for an interesting drive into work as well. Plus, I've had a headache pretty much all day that I can only attribute to this issue. As luck would have it, I received in the mail my eye doctor reminder card. Hopefully I can get in soon and address both the twitching and clouds.

-Jacked up back: This happened yesterday, quite embarrassingly, while I was spinning Sadie around in circles. She was having a whopper of a time and it seemed like a great idea. Well, I was having a good time anyway. When I stopped and put her down, sufficiently dizzy, I noticed a twinge in my lower back on the left side. I hobbled around for awhile and decided to go to zumba anyway, where someone took my spot. (I don't want to talk about it. There was crowding. It wasn't good.) The pain wasn't noticeable during class but boy was it there after. And sleeping was tough too. I am an all sides sleeper and I had to knock out the left side and my stomach because those positions were too painful. This morning, the pain seems to have subsided a bit. I should have used the samples of Biofreeze my mother in law gave John this past weekend (don't ask). I think it's probably like Icy Hot, which I've never used. I passed, worried that I would smell like menthol all day.

So, there you have it. I am completely falling apart. And, I've slowly backslided on my no wine drinking except Thurs-Sun. I had a glass last night and I plan on having another tonight. Ah, me. It's a slippery slope. Are my ailments related to this trip back into the bottle? I have to say no because wine has so many healthy and healing qualities. Send good thoughts my way, s'il vous plait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!