Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Swingy summer dress

What do you get when you take this 5 year old tank top that I only use as a pajama top...




This yard and a half of fabulous fabric with umbrellas on it......



And followed this clever tutorial for the Alice dress on Little Red Roost?

Well, I'm glad you asked because you get this fabulous dress that didn't really cost me anything and only took me 2 hours to make!!


I'm pleased as punch at the way this turned out. I also realized that I really enjoy working without a pattern and following the tutorial instructions instead. It's slightly wonky on the left side at the waist but I'm hoping that's due in part to the way I'm standing. I love the ruffle. I love this umbrella print. And man, does this skirt twirl! I think it's going to be a great weekend dress in the coming months. Perfect for graduation parties, shopping, lunch outside while sipping sangria. I guess this dress has a busy summer ahead!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!