Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

I am only a dog mother so I was not really a celebrant of today's festivities, although John did go to the grocery store by himself instead of us going together. So, that was a nice treat. When I was in Florida, I left behind a quilted duffle bag I sewed for my mom. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of it! I think it turned out really well and I even learned how to do French seams for it. Yea! Anyway, she said she really liked it and I know it'll come in handy. She's always traveling somewhere, it seems.

Yesterday, John and I had a mother's day outing in Cleveland. We took my stepmom and my mother-in-law out to breakfast, to a big market downtown and then to buy herbs at a garden center. It was great fun! This is the third year in a row we've done this exact same thing for Mother's day. Must mean everyone enjoys it, right? It was a fun day, even though the weather was super crappy.

Good news! I got all my herbs for the summer and a tomato plant. This year on the balcony, I'll be growing cilantro, basil, rosemary, oregano, and Husky Red tomatoes. I was also given a bay leaf tree. Fresh bay leaves! What I didn't get were any flowers. So, I'll have to get some hanging pots and a few potted ones that I already have the pots for. I can't wait for all my babies to start growing. And to use them in many summer recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!