Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Something I'm Working On

Do you ever find yourself jealous of others' lives and successes? Do you wish you could have taken that trip, bought that car, gone down the exact path you planned for your future like everyone else seems to do? You hoped to have more friends, that girl's size 6 waist, a dog that doesn't bark at nothing and embarrass you in front of the neighbors. Lately, I have had a big problem with this. It feels like everyone around me has it better off or is doing things or going places I want to do, be, say, experience. Some days it's hard to find the fulfillment of life, isn't it? And being fulfilled is oh so important, at least I think so. There will always be aspects of my life that I am perfectly content with and yet, other holes that remain unfilled. Isn't that what life is though? A series of ups and downs, victories and disappointments.

No, I'm not working on being envious of everything and everyone around me. What I'm working on is NOT doing that. I have been trying to remind myself on a daily, even hourly, basis that there are plenty of things in my life that I love and wouldn't trade for the world. I have it pretty dang good, actually. Sometimes I lose sight of that. Sometimes, when there are bill to pay instead of bags to buy, responsibility over frivolity, it's hard to remember the awesome things you already have. That crappy minutiae should be overlooked in the grand scheme of things. Sometimes, when you have your health and the love of your family and friends, you have to stop and take stock of these things. Because, they are enough.

Time to re-focus. If you have the same problem I did/do, I suggest you do the same. Remember, it's all good!

1 comment:

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!