Friday, August 12, 2011

You're my boy, Blue.



Oh, Blue, you have been my faithful friend for nearly 108,000 miles

even though,

I did not always give you the best care,

and maybe once scraped the garage door on your bumper.

I couldn't bring myself (or my wallet)

to replace your windshield either.

And yet for 5 years, that giant crack did not spread.

Unfailing steadfastness.

I will miss your awesome gas mileage, which I foolishly estimated

as a fresh out of college driver,

would cost me $200 a month.

"HA!" You exclaimed. "How little you think of my environmentally sound speed."

You, first car of my very own, were pleasant to share

the miles and miles of road with on my daily commute.

Not to mention, the many 3 hours drives up north, when I was lonely and homesick.

One downfall, I would be remiss to overlook,

is that you are not so good in the snow.

Perhaps, you are better suited for the milder winters of the south.

Nevertheless, we never technically wrecked.

Though not for lack of trying - double donuts across 3 lanes of traffic on ice and into a ditch.

I hope you found me a fair driver. Letting you cruise as much as possible,

trying diligently not to brake heavily, or hard. Easing you to your stops.

I hope a new driver may find life on the road with you. Another first time owner,

just maybe. They will love you, like I do.

And find you reliable, as I did for many years.

See you round the bend, Blue.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!