Thursday, March 29, 2012

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

In Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, the seventh and final installment of J.K. Rowling’s series, Harry, Ron and Hermione set out upon a dangerous task. Voldemort now in full power and all wizards scared out of their knickers, the trio must continue what Dumbledore began so long ago. Along the way, many trials and tribulations befall them but theirs is an important duty. They must bring down Voldemort so the wizarding world can thrive again. Will all survive? What will become of Hogwarts? Only these pages will tell……
Well, it’s finally over. I’ve made my way through seven books I swore I would never read. I loved them all. It’s true I was the staunchest of non-believers and went so far as to poke fun at the world of Harry lovers defending their wizard stories. Now I know that although this series was intended for children, it speaks to readers of all ages. It’s purely and simply a good story. I am sad it’s over and fear HP-withdrawal. I do still have 2 movies to watch so I suppose that’s something.

Please, if you would never have considered starting this series in the past, give the first book a chance. If you don’t want to continue beyond that, so be it. But, like me, I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised. I'm so glad I met Harry and his friends.

Rating: * * * *



No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!