Sunday, March 25, 2012

Recipe Reblog #10

I don't typically make sweets of this nature but I knew we were going to see family and I could pawn some of them off on them, plus we are having people over and I am going to serve these then too.

S'mores Truffles: I love a good s'more. I wanted a fire pit in my backyard solely for s'more purposes. I bought sticks and everything. I can't wait to pull it out again this summer. Wanting to capture that summery flavor a tad early, I decided to make these truffles. They contain my new favorite liquor, marshmallow vodka. Yes, it's optional but why opt not to put it in when it's so delicious? It's only 3 tablespoons. Man up!

I substituted fat free half and half for the heavy cream by accident but it turned out fine. They were very tasty and rich. Note to reader: it helps to have an extra set of hands nearby for the truffle rolling step. It would have been tough alone. These bites are tasty and I didn't even use expensive chocolate. Try them to be fancy when you want to impress!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!