Monday, June 18, 2012

Southern Tier Beer

I guess I'm on a little beer kick, huh. I love wine but something about summer and a cold brew just can't be overlooked. This past weekend, John and I tried two offerings from Southern Tier Brewing Company. We were excited about them because Southern Tier makes, hands down, the best pumpkin beer in the land. Looking forward to that in a few months. Today, however, we have a summer beer and a dessert beer that will knock your socks off.





Hop Sun is a summer wheat beer, one of my favorite kinds. From the website: "Filtered to a golden clarity and dry-hopped to perfection, this is a fantastic session ale with a zesty concluson." I thought it was light and easy-drinking. Perfect for summer. However, at $9.99/6 pack there are other better summer beers to choose.



I have found beer perfection. Its name is Creme Brulee Stout. Oh my stars! This is delicious. If you think you don't like beer but you do like sweet things, this may be the one for you. Usually stout is a pretty beer-y tasting brew but the sweetness of the creme brulee overpowers the typicaly stout darkness and we arrive at something magical. It's pricey. $8.99 for one of those 22 oz. bottles (what are those called? I'm sure they have a name) but it is worth it. High in alcohol content so you really only need one. Find someone to share it with, or don't. It's okay to be greedy with this. It's an imperial milk stout from their Blackwater line. From the website it says the flavor is: "carmelized sugar, vanilla custard, nicely sweet and balanced, rich and milky." Is it ever!

You also get to drink it from a snifter, which is my favorite. It feels extra classy. Get it while it lasts, people. Well worth the coin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!