Thursday, June 7, 2012

This Saturday

On Saturday, I'm running my second ever 5K with John. The first 5K we ran together was back on July 4, 2009. I'd like to think I've come a long way with my running in the last 3 years. In that race, my chip time was 30 minutes and some change. I'm planning to blow that time out of the water. The Lift Your Leg race benefits stray animals and the care provided for them by a local animal shelter. The fun part about this race is that you can run with your dog! We are not, however, running for Sadie. She is your typical sprinter. Done after half a mile.

Sadie sidebar - earlier this week John started yelling at her out the back door because she was rolling around in the grass. When I asked what it was, he picked her up so I could smell her back. I nearly vomited. I have never smelled a stench so foul in my life. We immediately threw her in the tub and once de-odorized, John went to investigate the source of the aroma. A small egg had fallen out of a nest (from where? We have no trees!) and broke. Sadie was rolling around in that. Yeeahhhh. Yuck.

Anyway - this race! Apparently, this race used to just be a 1.5 mile walk to benefit the shelter. This will be the first year there's a run in addition to the race. I hope everything goes smoothly. I'm looking forward to seeing all the dogs running too. I hope none of them get in the way of my speedy feet.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!