Thursday, April 4, 2013

Beer Me: Peanut Butter Cup Coffee

This one isn't new to me but it is new to you, my thirsty readers. I'm talking to you northern Ohioans because it hails from the Willoughby Brewing Co. and they don't distribute yet.



This is their Peanut Butter Cup Coffee Porter. Yes, that is a lot going on in a beer. Don't be scared.

From their site: "A consistent award-winner and truly unique taste experience brought you only by Willoughby Brewing Company. We start by brewing a robust porter and infusing it with locally roasted coffee and then adding special peanut butter and chocolate flavor. The result is a beer like no other you’ve had before. Some people say they taste more coffee than peanut butter, others say the opposite. Which is it you taste?"


There is all kinds of goodness going on in there. I get more peanut butter with coffee on the finish but most of the others tasting it with me found the coffee stronger. Either way, it's delicious. Smooth, no bite. 5.5% ABV and a 30 on the bitterness scale. You can buy growlers to go so if you should find yourself in that area, check it out!

1 comment:

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!