Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Pssssst!

You know how all the experts say you're not supposed to wash your hair every day claiming that skipping some washes makes it healthier and stronger? Well, I've never been one to be able to do that. My hair is blonde and thin which is not a good combination for hiding grease on a dirty hair day. Plus, I work out six days a week and sweat like the dickens so skipping washes is not always possible.

Source


Nevertheless I bought some dry shampoo at Ulta a few weeks ago and finally had the opportunity to try it out. The travel size was $2.99 as I didn't want to commit to a full bottle but even the full size is only $5.99.

One day when I was a slacker and skipped my workout, I decided I would give it a whirl. The next morning, I shook up the can, lifting up my hair and sprayed it on the roots. You let it sit for a minute and then comb it through. You guys, I was shocked that this actually worked! It sucked up all the oils, didn't smell chemically and gave my hair more body and life. John swore up and down my hair didn't look dirty. Success!!!

The best part was that even after I did wash my hair the next day, it already felt healthier. With just one washing skipped! Unfortunately, I don't think I'm ready to use it on dried, sweaty hair. That seems a bit too dirty for me. But, when I don't exercise during the week, I will definitely be employing this method. I will say that after spraying the Pssst, I curled it instead of straightening. The curl added more volume whereas straightening might make it too easy to see grease, potentially. But, even my bangs fared really well.

So, I guess those experts were right.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!