Wednesday, April 17, 2013

March Sewing Project

I started this in March so I'm counting it for my March sewing project. I make the rules around here. I've had this pattern and this fabric in my stash for more than a year so in the interest of using what I've got on hand, I got down to business. This is Lisette 2211 from Simplicity. I like the Lisette pattern and fabric line a lot. You can find it at Joann's.

Source

My focus is on the short sleeve blouse with peasant sleeves. It's called the Market Blouse.

My fabric was a simple lavender cotton with white pin dots. I simply cannot pass up a good polka dot. For one thing, you are always happy when you're wearing dots. Fact. #2 Polka dots, while more prevalent in stores these days, used to be a lot harder to come by so might as well so my own, right?

WIND

From the Back

Placket & Button Details (wrinkles cost extra)

Obligatory Blogger looking down shot

This blouse sewed up relatively quickly. I really like the Lisette pattern line for its descriptive instructions. The details like the placket and sleeves make it seem a little less home sewn (I hope.) I selected white, plastic ball buttons and I love them. I think they look like little gumballs. The buttons are for decoration only. Let's talk sizing. I normally wear a 10, sometimes an 8, or a Medium in blouses. I cut and sewed this as a 12 and I'm glad I did. The only adjustment I made was to curve it in on the sides at my waist to give it a bit more shape. I'm wishing I had added some more length to the bottom though and may go back and do that. Nothing worse than a too short shirt. But, overall, I'm pleased and I would sew this again for sure.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!