Sunday, April 21, 2013

Recipe Reblog: Baked Vegetable Penne

Back in the kitchen with a new recipe this week! I feel like I let dinner down when I don't try new recipes in a week. Anyone else?

Baked Vegetable Penne: Although we're trying to get away from eating as much pasta in an effort to lower carb intake, this bake pumps up the veggie quotient quite high. So, I'd like to think they even each other out. This was delicious! You roast off the red peppers, onions and zucchini first and then mix in marinara, pasta and cheese and finish in the oven. I asked John if he wanted to throw in ground turkey and luckily he said no. There wouldn't have been enough room in the pan! If you are missing your protein on this, cut back to just one of each vegetable and you should have enough room in a 9x13. I think this would be a crowd pleaser. It makes a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!