Saturday, August 22, 2009

100th post!

This is my 100th post, everyone! I only know that because Blogger told me so. In honor of this landmark day, I'm sharing my pizza with you. On Fridays, John and I like to pick meals for dinner that don't take a whole lot of effort. Homemade pizza is a regular on our menus. I harvested 2 baby tomatoes from my plant on Thursday and reminded John to eat them on his salads, as you know, I don't care for plain old 'maters. Our homemade pizza is usually white garlic herb pizza and it's delicious. I make the dough, this time we went whole wheat. John mixes the white sauce (chopped garlic cloves and butter) and then we add herbs from my balcony garden. My mouth is watering all over again just typing this -- good thing there are leftovers. Anyway, at some point I said, "We should put the tomatoes on the pizza!" So, we made a margherita pizza. YUM! And voila.....Doesn't that look tasty? Pretty much the only thing I didn't do was milk the cow to make the cheese. I love when you know where your ingredients are coming from and what goes into your food. It also helps to have a trusty Breadman machine so you don't have to do the kneading yourself. While the Breadman works, you can watched your DVR'd episodes of two shows you've been patiently, or not so patiently, awaiting the return of.....Flipping out on Bravo, and Project Runway, now on Lifetime.


Is it sad that I watch as much reality TV as I do? I feel like it's ok because I don't watch the trashy ones (i.e. More to Love, Rock of Love, etc.) I love Jeff Lewis on Flipping Out. He cracks me up. But my favorite person on there is Zoila, his housekeeper. If you haven't seen Flipping Out, just know that Jeff is OCD crazy and everyone on his staff has to placate his needs. As for Project Runway, I really enjoyed the All Star Challenge that led into this season's premiere. And I was really happy for Daniel Vosovic because I thought his Bryant Park collection on Season 2 was really strong. I remember liking who actually won that season and now I can't remember her name. She was Asian, 10 points if you can tell me her name because I'm too lazy to Google. Anyway, Althea, on the new season, is from Oakwood (Dayton represent!) I agreed with who went home, actually the guy who made that awful nightgown could have gone too but I wasn't as annoyed by his personality as I was by Ari, who is OUT.

Big day today! We're going to an Asian Festival and seeing Inglourious Basterds. Full report to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!