Sunday, August 16, 2009

Crafting FAIL

My hair dresser is pregnant and due in a few weeks. I wanted to make her something for the baby. I have some crafting skills, you know. I wanted to sew something, but I didn't just want to make a blanket or bibs. I thought I could be a little more creative than that. Well, maybe it wasn't my creativity but, it was my research skills that found this fabric alphabet on Happy Together.

Way cute, right? And I thought, I've got plenty of scraps. I could make these rag quilt letters. Yes, he will just be a baby now but in a year or so, the letters will come in handy when learning his ABC's and we all know I love to read. So, a couple weeks ago, I got to work. Cutting and cutting and cutting (3 layers plus cutting out the letter patterns) and then sewing and sewing. And trim trim trimming some more. I was ALL done. The last step was to wash and dry them so they'd fray up and get raggy. And thus, the crafting FAIL.
See the B there? Well, it was attached in a mess of strings and fraying and they were all stuck together. I worked really hard on these and for what? NOTHING. I give up. No handmade baby gift for my unnecessary hair appointment this week. Fail.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! What do you think went wrong? I am so sorry that your craft didn't work out. :(

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!