Monday, August 3, 2009

First Harvest

When my parents were visiting last weekend I asked their advice on my tomatoes. Some of them were bright red but also mushy on the bottom. As I feared, they were bad. Begrudged, I picked them, brushed the bugs off my hand (ew!) and tossed them. But, yesterday I picked one that wasn't mushy on the bottom and was the brightest of reds. Green thumb reinstated! I, not liking tomatoes, gave it to John to put on his Super Summer Salad Sunday Supper - which was a Southwestern Spinach salad with corn, black beans, chicken and homemade honey lime vinaigrette (Ole!). He deemed the tomato delicious. I asked him a few times if he was just saying that to make me feel better about my lousy gardening skills but he promised it really was good. I think there are approx. 10 or more babies growing now, still green. I'm still hoping to harvest enough for bruschetta or salsa. Guess we'll wait and see......

Remember my Underwear Challenge from many months ago? I vowed not to buy any underwear and see how long I could manage with just the free pair coupons from Victoria's Secret. Well, I lasted until August 2nd because the VS organic cotton pairs were on sale for $3.00 and they're the best! So anyway, I think I last between 5-6 months. Now if I could only bring myself to adhere to a Shoe/Purse Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!