Sunday, August 23, 2009

Outstanding Orzo

I want to share this recipe for Baked Orzo with Roasted Red Peppers, Tomatoes, and Zucchini with you that I came across in the NYTimes. I made it tonight alongside my pot roast and it was uh-mazing! I forgot to take a picture. Sorry. It was kind of labor intensive for a side dish but, I was able to make it a few hours ahead and put it in the fridge because you finish it in the oven. Hence the Baked portion of the recipe title. I need to have some more people over to make this for. It makes quite a bit. We had my cousin for dinner but he's just happy to have a meal he doesn't have to make for himself. While he was complimentary of the dish and had about 3 helpings, he probably isn't the most discerning palate. You dig? Anyway, this side is healthy and tasty. Give it a try for your own tastebuds!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!