Monday, August 10, 2009

Recap-a-go-go

What a weekend! I knew it would be quite a whirlwind and I was right. My parents came in on Friday for their 2nd visit in a month’s time. We scrambled our schedule a bit to host them again so soon but it was fine since we probably won’t see them until Christmas. Friday night I went to get my dress for Ashley and Yan’s wedding (on Saturday!) altered. My mom went with me and as I pulled up to the building I nearly had a heart attack when I realized the sign was missing and the storefront was empty. Not knowing any other tailors (although I’m certain others exist) I wasn’t sure what I’d do and had a mini panic attack until I realized there was a hand-written sign on the door stating a new address. Phew! Over to the new store, in and out quickly and my dress will be ready on Tuesday. This is a trial run alteration. I have loads of skirts, pants, etc. that are too big for me but that I don’t want to part with. I’m hoping to have them all taken in so I don’t look like a bag lady when I wear clothes that are too big for me.

Spaghetti alla John at home and a relatively early night before my…..big day!

Saturday was the day I agreed to substitute teach my zumba class. I was super nervous. I had practiced my playlist a bunch of times but I was doubting my abilities and just not really knowing what to expect. I got there early and got everything set up. To my surprise, there were only 6 people at class that day. Saturday’s class is small but not usually that small. I decided that it was for the best. And my nemesis was not there, so I was feeling better already even before I started. All in all I think I did okay except for a few mistakes that probably no one would have even noticed if I hadn’t yelled out, “sorry!” after them. Sheesh, what’s wrong with me? Also, up until the minute I was starting I realized that when I do the routines, I’m facing the instructor. But as the instructor, I would need to turn around for at least some of them. Then, I’d be backwards for the class. That confused me and everyone. So, I spent most of the class facing the mirror. I’ll have to think about that more in the future. So, everyone clapped for me and I was beat after it was done. I didn’t stop at all during the class because I didn’t want to look stupid. I’m also not typically a woo-er in class. If you’ve been, you’ll know what I mean. But, for posterity’s sake, I let out a ‘Woo’ for them. It felt….odd.

I got home and cleaned up and my mom and I made our way to Waynesville, after only a couple wrong turns. Stupid detour. I should start bringing my camera with me more often. Pictures would jazz things up, no? Anyway, sans camera, we had a delicious little lunch at the Cobblestone Café and took in the shops. I bought some square candlesticks that I’m just in love with. I have crystal candlesticks to put them in but I’m now on the hunt for some white ones. I think that would really set off the color (brown spice!) nicely for fall. I’ve also discovered what would be my new favorite fabric shop if I need lots of upholstery done and curtains made. We looked at every last bolt in the Fabric Shack all the while lamenting that I had no need for that type of fabric. They were beautiful! Unfortunately, it wasn’t until we were halfway down the street that I remembered I’m changing the color scheme in my living room and am looking to sew covers for my throw pillows. Current accent is a brick-ish red. I’m leaning towards a terra cotta, orange-y accent. I really wanted yellow and green but I think that’s too summery. Anyway, I shall have to return to the Fabric Shack in the coming weeks to purchase said terra cotta fabric for my under $50 living room makeover. More on that to come as plans develop……..

It was crazy hot and humid Saturday, yo. We were sweating it up hiking all over the street but I was reserved and only spent $13. Oh and $3.50 on an iced chai. Not bad…….then we went for pedicures! I chose Plugged in Plum by OPI because I read somewhere that purple is hot for fall and since we’re headed into fall, I’m now ahead of the game!

The golfers returned and we had dinner at City Barbecue. YUM! A little euchre, a little wine and before we know it, it’s midnight! Crazy.

My mom and I went to church Sunday morning while John and Eric played another 9. We even had time to go to the pool after church. It was hot, the water was frigid and there were plenty of noisy children…..and annoying grandparents. It wasn’t the relaxing time I had hoped for and I didn’t get any color. Meh. Try again this weekend.

Then they got on the road and we had our condo back for a few hours before my aunt came for an overnight as well. Busy B&B this weekend. Looking forward to getting back to normalcy in the coming weeks. After this wedding we have 3 open weekends with no plans!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!