Monday, August 24, 2009

The Red Tent

The Red Tent by Anita Diamant has been on my 'to be read' list for awhile now. I heard a lot of good things about it and finally picked it up at the library. It's a Biblically based work of fiction about Dinah, only daughter of Jacob. I don't really feel like summing up the rest of the plot because, it's pretty long. Also, I'm ashamed to admit that the only reason I really recognized any of the characters is because I have seen Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat twice. It's that family. Years of Sunday school and church going and that's what I get. Pathetic. Anyway, The Red Tent was beautifully written but I'm not gonna lie, it's a pretty slow read. It's not super exciting either but it's a good story if you're looking for a literary departure from the norm.

In weekend news.........the Asian Cultural Festival was kind of a snooze. I tried some food I never had before (Lumpia from the Phillippines) but I wasn't very impressed. I did like the green tea ice cream and the red bean ice cream, yes beans, was surprisingly really tasty. My good old standby sweet and sour chicken did me proud too. But other than the food, there weren't very many booths of other things. And having experimented leaving Sadie out of her crate for 2 hours at that point, we headed home.

Two big thumbs up for Inglourious Basterds! I think, even if you've never seen any other Tarantino, you'll like this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!