Monday, August 17, 2009

Come on, Sam!

I want to let you in on a little secret. John loves Sam Adams. I would say it's our household's beer of choice. While we enjoy trying other breweries, you can please John by bringing Sam Adams as a guest in our home at any time. We prefer the specialty brews: Cherry Wheat, Honey Porter, Summer Ale (so refreshing) and of course, the winter pack (which is the best!) John's favorite Sam Adams is, far and away, the Octoberfest. It may only be August, but he has been on the lookout for this elusive brew for about 2 weeks now. I was getting a Sam report on a regular basis. "July 15th. That means Octoberfest is coming soon." Friday I get a call from him while he was running errands at work. "They didn't have the Octoberfest. But.......there are 2 bottles of it in the Autumn mix!" HAPPY DAY! There was a lot of joy on that faced as he cracked his first Oktoberfest for 2009. And I'm such a good wife, I relinquished my bottle to him today. He's plotting when to drink it so he can savor it closer to the normal release of the full cases. I'm enjoying the Dunkelweizen (while watching my DVR'd Mad Men - YES!). So I think the point of this post is to ask if you could please let me know if you see the cases of Sam Adams Octoberfest to notify me of time and location so that I might continue being an awesome wife. Thanks!

~Only 24 days until Niagara Falls~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!