Wednesday, September 23, 2009

:(

I saw the saddest thing today. I was getting on 75 to come home at the end of the day. On the on ramp there was a male hitchhiker. That wasn't the sad part. Traffic was a bit backed up so I was waiting my turn and saw that he had a sign but didn't have a chance to read it because I noticed something moving on the ground next to the man. I looked closer and realized it was a doggie! He was a big guy. Black and brown with short hair but I'm not sure of the breed. Here's the kicker: the poor little guy was wearing a back pack! A doggie back pack!! And it was raining and he was just sitting next to his hitchhiking owner waiting to be picked up.

I was past them before I thought of eschewing all hitchhiking rules and picking them up. A cute doggie trumps a potential axe murdering hitchhiker, right? Then I was sad the whole way home for this pitiful pair. Where were they headed? Were they really homeless but the guy is a good owner and didn't want to leave his best buddy behind? I should have turned around and gotten them as far as Dayton. It was raining, for crying out loud. I bet his doggie backpack was getting wet and heavy. Now I'm sad about it all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!