Sunday, September 20, 2009

It's Pretzel time!

Before football season started, I promised John that I would make snacks to eat while watching the games. I did it under the guise of being a good and thoughtful wife but really, this was an excuse for me to make and eat things that you wouldn't normally have other times, foods of the appetizer nature. I missed the first week of football, oops. And the second week we were out of the country. But the third! Ah, this week was delicious. I made the soft pretzel recipe from my Diet & Nutrition magazine. I'm sorry I don't feel like re-typing the recipe here but if you leave me a comment telling me you want it, I'll be happy to oblige. I cut the recipe in half which made 8 puffy, palm-size pretzels. (Alliteration Alert!) They were pretty easy to shape too. I made regular salty ones and also cinnamon sugar, John's fave. While eating them, I thought to myself, "Well, they don't taste like the ones at the mall, something's missing." Then I realized, oh yeah, they're not swimming in grease! Health score! I think they helped the Buckeyes win yesterday, but our beloved Browns, at press, are not doing so well. Maybe I should have sent some pretzels to Brady, no?

Guys, the knob broke off my crock pot. I'm making a roast today sans knob and I'm a little nervous. It was difficult to tell if I had set it on Low or High. I'm going to assume that because my roast, after 6 hours, is not a charred brick, that I set it correctly. Also, Meijer had cider on sale 2 for $4 today! WE LOVE CIDER, but it's often very expensive. It was $5/gallon at the farm market downtown yesterday. Pass. I have many recipes that call for cider which I have overlooked because of cider's price tag. No more! Cider meals are coming, as well as apple butter (which does not have cider but I am super excited to make. YUM!) Happy fall, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!