Friday, September 4, 2009

The Center of Everything

The Center of Everything, Laura Moriarty's debut novel, was recommended on a book board I read so I picked it up at the library having exhausted most of my other wish reads. It follows the teenage years of Evelyn Bucknow growing up in a single parent home in Kansas. A poor girl with a young mother and few friends, Evelyn strives to do well in school, pines for the boy next door, and faces the many tribulations of being a teen. It's kind of hard to sum this one up but I really did like it. I thought Evelyn was a great character, as was her mother. Actually, since it was so character driven, I really liked all of Moriarty's portrayals. I'm sorry I've been slacking on the plot summaries lately. This one definitely had its sad moments and many 'I sure feel sorry for her' moments as well but, I think you'll be pleased with the ending. Not necessarily a fast read, The Center of Everything moves along at a good pace because I enjoyed the whole story. Pick it up and see for yourself!

Ladies and gentleman........a 3 day weekend has commenced. Let the rejoicing begin! The advent of college football season is upon us which means many a Saturday crafting, for me, while keeping half an eye on whatever game John is watching, typically OSU, obvs. This weekend I'll be working on my living room makeover. They just don't make the things I'm looking for so I'm having to substitute. We'll see what turns up. I'm also having a really difficult time adhering to my $50 budget. I'm doing my best. And, I finished my duffle bag! Pics and tutorial to come. Have a good Labor Day if I don't venture back here before then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!