Thursday, September 24, 2009

Issues.....literally

I have this problem. In recent months there have been a number of deals on magazine subscriptions that have just been too good to pass up. When I see an annual subscription for $5.00, I, apparently, go for it, giving no thought to what the magazine actually is. My logic for this is infallible. One issue of a lot of magazines is nearly $5.00 anyway so why not get 12 for basically the price of a couple, right? Winner winner chicken dinner! And I love a good deal. Here's my problem: because of all of these subscriptions, I'm piled in periodicals! A myriad of magazines comes my way each month. So many, in fact, that I often forget I've subscribed to some of them. That's pretty sad. At present, I receive:

-Lucky
-Allure
-Real Simple
-Marie Claire
-Good Housekeeping
-Woman's Day
-Diet and Nutrition (this one was free!)
-Redbook (I don't like it but it was only a dollar!)

Eight is a bit excessive, no? I really only like a few of them but since I receive them, I feel like I should read them. This is cutting into my book reading time, which is upsetting. I'm pretty proud of myself that most recently, I turned down the $5.00 In Style subscription. I love In Style and I used to have a subscription but it's so darn thick that it takes forever to get through! No mas. I'm not sure what to do about this. My gut tells me to cancel half of them, specifically the ones I don't like, but they were so cheap that it seems like bargain blasphemy to do so. What's a girl to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!