Sunday, February 14, 2010

Catching Fire

WARNING: If you haven’t yet read Hunger Games and are planning to do so (which you should because it’s awesome!) you should not read my review/slight summary of Catching Fire. Just know that Catching Fire is equally as awesome as HG if not more so. Come back after you’ve read both of them!


Catching Fire is Suzanne Collins’ second book in this series. At the end of Hunger Games, Katniss and Peeta are crowned victorious and head back to District 12 as victors. However, the win does not come without its consequences from the Capitol. President Snow is angry that Katniss has found a way to trick them into letting both her and Peeta live. She is still grappling with pretending to be in love with Peeta and facing her feelings for Gale. Peeta and Katniss must also embark on their Victory Tour to all of the Districts where they start to learn of unrest among the citizens. Everyone is disgusted with the Capitol it seems and an uprising is imminent. The Hunger Games roll around again and this year is dubbed the Quarter Quell, which happens every 25 years following the Capitol’s victory over the Districts and what started the Hunger Games in the first place (as a reminder of the Capitol’s power). The Quarter Quell typically dishes up a more difficult game than in other years of the Games.

That was only a partial summary but I can’t go further because I don’t want to ruin the part of the book where I gasped out loud (actually that happened a few times). Anyway, if you liked Hunger Games, you’ve got to read Catching Fire. The Mockingjay (the third installment) is set to come out in August. How will I ever wait that long?! I use my trusty library for everything but that is one book I just might have to buy. I don’t think I can bare waiting on the hold list. OK, go read Catching Fire!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!