Saturday, February 27, 2010

Change in Plans

When we woke up Saturday morning and looked out the balcony window, this is what greeted us. Well, really, I knew at 6:30 when I ran Sadie out to the bathroom but still. The picture helps, no? Even if it was taken through a screen.

The day before, no snow. Today, snow. Now, we were up for running in the cold. Some of us a bit more enthusiastic than others. But, snow? Nuts to that. Sorry, heart health. We'll have to support you in some other way. I would have fallen down so many times on that course. It would not have been pretty and I would have messed up my over-priced shoes. Pffft. Instead, I decided to bake scones. Mmmmm.

Earlier in the week I found a recipe for Buttermilk Whole Wheat Scones here at Stephanie Cooks. Because I am all about the whole wheat, I was super interested in these. I love scones. The problem with scones is that when they taste so delicious and buttery, that means they're chock full of butter. This recipe had butter but not nearly the amount I was afraid of. They were delicious! Here they are before they went in the oven.



I didn't think it was necessary to show you the empty plate after shot. But, John and I had to restrain ourselves not to eat all of them. We showed some restraint at two apiece. YUM! Also, I only had to buy one ingredient; the rest I had on hand. I love when that happens. And really, I did have raisins, which she says you can substitute but I'll take any excuse to sub in Craisins. And since we're all about counting calories at Chez John & Ashley, I estimated each slice has about 125 calories. Not bad!

Now, off to the mall!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!