Monday, February 15, 2010

For Your Drinking Pleasure





I bought a bottle of Shoo Fly’s Buzzcut last week but didn’t get to tell you about it yet. I am a big fan of Australian wines. You can get them on the cheap (Little Penguin, Yellowtail) and they’re still pretty tasty in that lower price point. I can’t remember how much the bottle was but since I don’t tend to splurge on random bottles, it was probably around $10. It may have even been on sale. Buzzcut is a blend of 4 grape varieties: Riesling, Viognier, Verdelho and Chardonnay. I wasn’t pairing it with a specific meal and the bottle doesn't give any suggestions. This was just so so. It had a very crisp taste to start but ended kind of buttery (not a great combination on the palate). I’ve had other Shoo Fly’s before but not the Buzzcut. I probably wouldn’t buy it again. Sorry, Buzz.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!