Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Bringing back the grape!


I haven't talked about wine in awhile. High time I got back to that, I think. Sad to say this may not have been the best bottle to reinstate my wine reviews on. Oh well, we must press on. I have often seen the House Wine label and thought, "How clever!" A label that's bold and catches the eye will, well, catch the eye in an aisle full of bottles. That, and, it was on sale. I think I paid $10 for a bottle of House Wine Red. The store I bought it at claimed it retailed for $14 full price. I doubt it but, let's press on even further.

House Wine Red by the Magnificent Wine Co. is a blend of the following: Cabernet Sauvignon 54%, Merlot 30%, Syrah 11%, Malbec 3%, and Cabernet Franc 2%. Sounds pretty good, right? All except for that 30% of Merlot. That should have been a dead giveaway for me. Oh, I drank it all right but it's definitely not my favorite. No flavors really stood out. They sort of just muddled together. I shan't be purchasing this again anytime soon. 88 Wine Spectator points or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!