Sunday, February 20, 2011

Recipe Re-Blog #7

Two new recipes this week and they're both keepers! This first one comes from Rachael Ray's 365, No Repeats cookbook. If you are don't have any of her cookbooks, this is a good one to start with. It's chock full of great meals.

A BBQ Burger Brad: Even though 80/20 beef makes a delicious burger, it doesn't make your thighs or arteries look very delicious. I religiously buy either 93/7 or 96/4 beef at the store, the leanest I can find. I know a lot of people wouldn't even bother with these percentages because the lack of fat can make for a dry burger. This is true, however, this recipe really helps combat that. You're essentially mixing in easily 1/3 c. of BBQ sauce with the beef to make the patties. I skipped the Liquid Smoke because that stuff scares me. If you're a burger fan, give this one a shot to stray from the every day. (P.S. I could not find the official recipe for this anywhere online. The link is from someone else's blog but it's the same as in the book.)


Whole Wheat Buttermilk Raisin Scones: I love scones so much! What I don't love about them is their fat/calorie content? These are a little healthier for you but not lacking in flavor at all. They were delicious! I made them on a sunny Saturday morning. It's hard for John and me not to eat all of them. We left two behind for another day. How prudent of us! After they had baked and I sat down to enjoy them, I turned on some classical music and poured myself a cup of coffee. I felt like I was sitting at Panera, only it didn't cost me an arm and a leg. That's what I call a rockin' good Saturday morning. The only thing I changed in this recipe was the amount of buttermilk. I used 6 Tbsps instead of 5. Oh, also, only 1 tsp. of sugar in the glaze. Try these too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!