Sunday, February 13, 2011

Recipe Re-blog #6

This week I tried two new dishes. The one may not technically count as a recipe because it uses a mix packet for the seasonings but I'm gonna go with it anyway.

Chicken & Rice Casserole: I borrowed this from someone's cookbook and I have no idea where to find it. I typed it up years ago and it's been in my 'to be cooked pile' ever since. It really doesn't matter because it was just okay. I love a good crockpot meal. My crock doesn't have a timer so instead of cooking this during the day, I did it overnight and we just reheated it for dinner later on. We're not picky. The cooking time was 6-8 hours on low and daytime crockpot meals go for 10 hours in our house so you have to choose carefully. The taste was okay but it did not need the additional salt it called for. I could re-type the recipe for you but again, why bother? It didn't get a sleeve in my recipe binder so I don't think it's worth sharing with you! So there.

Spinach Dip: This one, though. Ahhh, c'est magnifique! You know how at every potluck you have ever been to someone brings the spinach dip in a pumpernickel bread bowl? I could swim in that stuff. Surprisingly, I have never made it before. Folks, when looking for the Knorr spinach dip packet that is the crux of this recipe, do yourselves a favor......it's not next to those gravy packets! It's also not next to the Ranch packets. It took John and me about 4 stores to figure out, it's by the soup mixes. Sheesh! Well worth the hunt. I took the healthier route and used low fat mayo and sour cream. You could easily use fat free sour cream though and your victims, I mean, guests, would be none the wiser. I made this for my Super Bowl party. My guest list was 2 people, me and John. Wouldn't have it any other way. Awww. Just kidding. There were only 2 of us because I didn't want to share this dip. I was going to freeze half because it makes a lot but who am I kidding, it'll be gone in 1 more day. Try this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!