Sunday, February 27, 2011

Recipe Re-Blog #8

Busy week! Three new recipes this time and all totally different. I really like this New Year's resolution. Not only have I made it through 2 whole months but it's forcing me to branch out and get a little creative in the kitchen. I think John digs it too!



Smoky Turkey Shepherd's Pie: This one is also from Rachael Ray's 365, No Repeats cookbook. Shepherd's Pie is not really something that appeals to me. Let's face it. This is probably one of the most disgusting looking meals ever. But, I'm always looking for a new use for ground turkey so, here we go! This recipe has a TON of ingredients, yo. And also, it took me longer than 30 minutes to make. If I had my sous chef in the kitchen, it would have been 30 mins but I was flying solo. In addition to lots of ingredients, there were a lot of steps, hence the time extension. As for taste, this was pretty good. I left out the bacon because I didn't feel like buying it but had I used it, there would have been an added richness to the flavor. This is also chock full of veggies. Two thumbs up on the healthy scale. I'll make this again, but not for awhile.



Crispy Parmesan Baked Chicken: This is from the April 2010 issue of Woman's Day magazine. I love a good meal you can put in the oven and go do other things while it cooks and this fits the bill. Super simple and I had all the ingredients on hand. This chicken was super tasty! There are only so many things you can do with baked chicken and I liked how this recipe upped the ante with some simple breading. It made it feel fancier than naked chicken. Give this one a try for sure!



And in the snack department.......



Crispy Parmesan Chickpeas: I ripped this recipe out of Woman's Day awhile back too and John thought it sounded like the grossest thing in the world. I had all the ingredients on hand, which is always a plus. Anyway, these were really easy to make. John sure was eating his words when he tried them. He loved them! Plus, they have the added bonus of being fiber-rific. YUM! Hey - it must have been a "crispy parm" issue for Woman's Day that month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!