Monday, March 7, 2011

Dawn of a New Day

When I graduated from college in 2005 and set out to become an society-contributing adult, I needed some wheels. My very first car was a blue 2005 Saturn Ion. Blue. That's his name. Blue and I have been through a lot together. We've driven round and round Ohio together many times. We drive 70+ miles roundtrip each day to work. Lately, Blue has been making a strange noise when the heat runs. No matter. He reached a huge milestone last week.

On our morning commute, Blue's odometer went from this:



To this!

I probably shouldn't be excited about this. I'm not, really. Ever since I made the last payment and now that he's over 100,000 miles, it's really just a matter of time before he has to be......replaced. Shhhhh, don't tell him. He's been good to me. But, all good things must come to an end. For now though, you're still my boy, Blue!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!