Sunday, March 13, 2011

Recipe Re-blog #10

This week's new recipes were a bit different in that neither were main dishes. I just didn't have it in me while meal planning to try a whole new recipe for dinner. Instead, I focused on carbs. Namely baked goods. Always a good idea for two eaters trying to lose weight, right? Just you wait.

Irish Soda Bread: Believe it or not, I had never actually eaten Irish Soda Bread before I made this. John was shocked at this discovery. He, growing up Catholic, has fond memories of Irish Soda Bread. Me? I just figured it's bread, I'll probably like it. And like it I did! This recipe came from Skinny Taste, a healthy cooking blog I just found and am in LOVE with. It had the added bonus of my having all the ingredients on hand, including buttermilk. YEA! You should try this, Catholic or not, if for no other reason than each slice is only 125 calories. Oh yeah, and it's suuuuuper tasty!

Caramel Pudding Pumpkin Cupcakes: This recipe can be found in the original Hungry Girl cookbook. John and I have a "healthy" dessert every night. We love our sweets! These cupcakes had only 100-some calories. They were pretty yummy however, the same thing could have been achieved by mixing a can of pumpkin with a spice cake mix. They taste identical, only this one has a lot more ingredients. I'll stick with the easy version.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!