Sunday, March 20, 2011

Recipe Re-blog #11

I managed to try two new recipes this week. Yea me! That's pretty impressive because we had a very busy week Chez G. These were both within the same meal. One good, one not so much.

Baked Seasoned Fries: I L.O.V.E. french fries. I would eat them everyday if my thighs and arteries didn't have somthing to say about it. We do baked fries a lot. No, they're not as crispily delicious but they do fill a void. These were a nice departure from our normal seasoned salt fries. A lot of flavors going on here and no salt. Heart healthy! Give them a try from Gina's Skinny Recipes.

Buffalo Chicken Sliders: I wanted to like these so badly. We had really high hopes for them. I had never made sliders before but figuring they were just small burgers, I didn't think I'd run into any trouble. Truth be told, these had a good flavor. We are buffalo lovers around here. I am just not a fan of the consistency of ground chicken. It's a lot mushier than other ground meats. I don't know if that's because it's so lean but even lean ground turkey stands up better than this stuff. Anyway, we were not looking forward to the leftovers on this one. So sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!