Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Explosive Eighteen

Explosive Eighteen is the 18th (duh) book in the Stephanie Plum mystery series by Janet Evanovich. If you’ve not read the first 17, Stephanie is a bounty hunter working for her cousin’s bail bonding agency. She is often caught in a love triangle with two men, Morelli and Ranger. She also often finds herself caught in unlucky situations with bad guys and the people who have skipped out on their hearings.
In Explosive Eighteen, she’s gotten herself in a real pickle. A passenger next to her on a plane ride has inadvertently given her a photograph of an unknown man that many people, including the FBI, the fake FBI, a crazy man, and another lady, are after. Stephanie, however, threw the photo away and is having trouble convincing them of that fact. Additionally, she’s having trouble with the men in her life and catching her bad guys too.
Does this sound familiar to you? It should if you’ve read any of the previous books in this series. They are quite formulaic. I’m not sure why I keep up with Ms. Plum. The earlier books were very entertaining, often funny, and kept me guessing. Lately, it seems like they’re just being cranked out for the sake of it. Also, the print is so large and the book so brief that this took me under 3 hours to finish. Not a real heavy hitter here. I say even if you’ve been a Plum fan, you can skip this one. And I don’t think I’ll be waiting on hold for the 19th book whenever that is released.


Rating: * 1/2

HAPPY LEAP DAY!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!