Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Spring-ter Beer

Unseasonably warm temps this winter here in Ohio mean that I'm in the mood for spring beers a lot sooner than normal. I love fall and Christmas-y beers but "winter" beers are kind of a snooze-fest. Spring is my jam. So fresh! I suppose one of these is actually a winter brew but I'm calling it a Spring-ter beer because it's bridging the beer gap from Christmas to spring. Make sense? Anyhoo........


Man, I love Instagram pics


Breckenridge Brewery can do no wrong with me. I love everything of theirs that I've ever tried. This is the Pandora's Bock that's in stores now for $9.99/6 pack. The website classifies the flavors in this as "caramel nut maltiness." I'd have to agree. I love the nutty flavors and the smoothness of it. If you're a bock style beer fan, give this one a try. I've now tried all their seasonal ales. Summerbright comes back next. Can't wait!


Via
 Another good spring brew out right now is Sam Adams Alpine Spring. I'm sorry, I forgot to take a picture of this when I had it. This has some great citrusy flavors to it. A very bright lager. If you've got the winter blues, cheer yourself up with one of these.



And for my chocolate lovers out there........you must try Sam's Chocolate Bock. This is available in the Winter Classics mixed 12-pack. But, I just discovered that my brand new fancy Kroger allows you to create your own 6 packs with all different varieties and this was one of the ones available. Yea! It's the perfect dessert beer. Chocolatey and rich, full of flavor. I'll be hoarding these for special occasions. It doesn't really fit the 'spring-ter' category but I thought it was worth mentioning.

What have you tried and loved lately? Let me know! I'm always looking for something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!