Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Ecco Domani Chianti

I haven't reviewed a wine in awhile. I've been drinking them, just not writing about them. Not much to write home about I guess. That is, until I poured this little gem. We bought this bottle of Ecco Domani Chianti on sale at Meijer for $9.99 down from $12.99. I love wine and I love a wine that's on sale! It was to be paired with the Smoked Mozzarella ravioli we bought for our Saturday Date Night in. Note: this doesn't necessarily match up with a cheese raviolo but the smoke on the cheese had big flavor and stood up pretty well to the wine.

This bottle of Chianti is made of 100% Sangiovese grapes. Chianti is a red wine that I think a lot of people (and by a lot of people I mean me) overlook. I won't make that mistake again. This was delicious! While I enjoy a big, tannic wine, this Chianti was quite the opposite. It was dry but super smooth for a red. Lots of drinkability. The bottle noted cherry and red fruits (there are a lot of red fruits out there, they should have narrowed this down some).

Anyway, I would definitely buy this one again. Try it for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!