Monday, July 12, 2010

Super Summer Sunday Salad Supper


It's baaaaaack! This is the third installment of our Super Summer Sunday Salad Supper. It was equally as awesome as the previous efforts. This week's theme was Asian Invasion. On a bed of spinach I put mandarin oranges, snow peas, red onion, and some tremendous chicken. John cut boneless, skinless chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces and cooked them stove top in some olive oil. After salt and pepper he drizzled hoisin, a sweetened, thicker soy sauce, to carmelize and flavor them. C'est magnifique! (I don't know how to say magnificent in any Asian language). I had to take some help from Ken's this week on the dressing. I had every intention of mixing up an Asian vinaigrette but I completely forgot about that at the store and instead bought John's fave, Asian Sesame Ginger salad dressing. It's good but it's got a kick for sure. This salad was out of bounds. Domo arigato.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!