Thursday, July 22, 2010

Fitness Update

Good news! I have successfully food journalled for a whole week. I credit my stick-to-itiveness to this Lose It! App on my iphone. I haven’t had an official weigh in yet but last week, after just 3 days, I was down 2 lbs. (during an illegal weigh-in) So, that’s definitely a start in the right direction. John and I have both been ramping up the workouts. We haven’t slacked at all. And we eliminated Thirsty Thursday. It was only empty calories anyway so this will save us money and allow us to bank calories for the weekend when we get to splurge….just a little. John has seen a loss too. All good things!

In other fitness news, my foot has been doing well running outside too. I hardly have any of the pain during my run and as long as I stretch after, the pain then is minimal. It’s mostly exacerbated when I make a poor choice in work shoes. Sometimes heels are unavoidable. But, I just keep stretching and move on. My only concern with adding in more running is that my thighs ( BIG problem spot) are going to get bigger. I hope that doesn’t happen. My hope is that with the running and strength training they’ll slim down a bit. That’s key for me getting into a smaller pant-size. Only time will tell……

More good news! We booked our flight to go to Austin at Thanksgiving. We are spend spend spending the money lately but at least it’s not on superfluous things. On the contrary, as I’ve hardly been to the mall at all in recent months. Most expenditures are of the vacation variety and vacations are never superfluous. My sister is due in 2 weeks. TWO WEEKS!!! Hence the main reason for the Thanksgiving trip. That and I loathe being home for Thanksgiving. I much prefer to travel, even if it is the busiest travel time of the year. The absolute best part about this trip is…….non-stop flight!!! That’s even better than seeing my sister, bro-in-law and the baby (J/K, B!) Only thing I hate more than connecting flights is having to connect with a dog, and Sadie will be in tow this trip. Sadie doesn’t like to connect either. She’ll be pleased as punch. Only 45 until we leave for the cruise and 120 until we go to Texas. Who’s counting though??

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!