Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Camel Club


This is the first in the Camel Club series by David Baldacci, hence the title The Camel Club. I started with the most recent book in the series by accident so now I'm headed back to the beginning. The Camel Club is a group of conspiracy theorists of various backgrounds living, and getting into trouble, in Washington D.C. Headed up by Oliver Stone (AKA John Carr, former assassin), the group also includes Milton Farb, an OCD web designer, Caleb Shaw, rare books librarian at the Library of Congress, and Reuben Rhodes, Vietnam Vet and dock worker.


In the book that started it all, the club witnesses a murder that opens quite a can of worms including a masterminded terrorist attack during a Presidential visit to his home town. Secret Service agent Alex Ford is brought on to investigate the murder and also finds himself wrapped up in just as much trouble as the Camel Club.

Can they all save the day? I won't ruin it for you, of course.




I liked this one because I'm a new fan of Baldacci's and these characters are so fun to me. However, I think I liked the most recent one, Hell's Corner, better. Even though this kicked off the series, I really like where it's headed so I'm excited to find out what happens now in the in between. If you're into suspense, start here!

P.S. Prior to starting this, I cracked Room by Emma Donoghue. I know it's critically acclaimed and whatnot but I had to give up after 20 pages. I just could not get into it and it was un-renewable and due in 2 days at the library. Paying the fine was not worth it to me. If you've read this, please convince me why I should give it another go and I'll work my way back up the hold list for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!