Sunday, May 22, 2011

Recipe Re-blog #20

Twenty weeks of new recipes! I wasn't sure I'd make it this far but I'm still going strong in the kitchen. It's great! This week I was back to cooking my books. Both of these recipes are from Rachael Ray's 2, 4, 6, 8 cookbook


Chicken in Orange-Scallion Sesame Sauce: This is one of Rachael's Make Your Own Take Out meals. I like this concept because it's a lot healthier than actual take out. I couldn't find the "official" recipe but another blogger put it out there so that's what's linked. Actually, this whole cookbook is probably worth the $13 it would cost if you're so inclined. This dish was super tasty. I loved the citrus element in the sauce. I didn't feel like buying the sesame seeds but I'm sure that would punch up the flavor. I just used sesame oil.

Big Fat Spicy Sate Noodles: Both recipes are linked above so I didn't bother to do it again here. If you're afraid of a sate, or peanut, sauce, don't be! This has quickly became a favorite sauce Chez G. This particular noodle dish had great flavor. I didn't have fresh ginger so I used dried but I'd like to have the fresh next time.

Word of warning.....Rachael says to pair these two recipes together putting the chicken on the noodles. This was fine but the noodles can hold their own and the chicken is quite saucy. Or you could easily just add some chicken to the noodles for more protein. Also, these are supposed to be 30 minute meals. If you make these simultaneously and attempt the 30 minute deadline, you will need a sous chef. Let me know if you want to rent out mine. His name is John. His knife skills could use some work but he takes direction well.

Give these both a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!