Monday, May 16, 2011

Furry Skurry



This past Saturday John and I took Sadie on an exciting outing for a good cause. At $25/person I had registered us for Furry Skurry. Sadie was free. It's a 5K walk that benefits the Humane Society. John and I have been working on trying to do more charitable giving so I thought this fit the bill. Truthfully, I was a bit worried we'd also come home with one of the adoptable dogs they had there. We probably would have a second dog if not for the cost and added annoyance of traveling with two dogs. Also, John's parents probably wouldn't appreciate it when we come visit.


That $25 included a goodie bag full of pet things and a t-shirt! I'm a sucker for an event with a t-shirt. Here is Sadie wearing her Be A Hero bandana that came in the bag. For the life of me, I couldn't get her to look at the camera. Way too much going on to be bothered with a photo op.






Still not interested in looking at the camera. You can't tell but I was totally Sporty Spice today. It was great. I felt totally awesome when we stopped at a nursery after the walk to price flowers.




Anyhoo....... the forecast all week threatened rain and it was a rather gray day. As luck would have it, we only got sprinkled on for a minute or so. Otherwise, the clouds kept the temps tolerable and we stayed dry! There were lots of pet-related vendors and food. The pulled pork sandwiches were calling to us but since it was 10:00 am, we passed, begrudgingly. Sadie was in stimulation overload. She didn't know where to look or whose butt to sniff. She was all over the place.



The walk itself was good but crowded. We tried to weave in and out of the slow pokes as best we could.



Sadie leading our pack!




We didn't stick around after but they had dog contests and more food for humans and canines. I would do this event again next year. A friend of mine who works for the Humane Society says the weather always seems to be crappy. I'm glad we didn't let that deter us. And boy was Sadie tuckered out for the rest of the day. That was the best part!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!