Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A Trip to Kroger

John, bless his heart, does the grocery shopping alone every Friday. What a guy! I loathe the grocery store. I had to go alone a few months ago after not having been in a long time. It was torture. I couldn't find a thing and I had trouble managing the cart, list and coupons. He's just so efficient at it I should never have to go again. I would start going again if I were a stay-at-home dog mom but let's be honest, that ain't happening any time soon.

In the checkout lane..........

Bagger: (picks up box of pasta shells) You puttin' cheddar on this?
John: No, I'm making vodka sauce.
Bagger: Cheddar's really good though.
John: I know but I'm in the mood for vodka sauce this week.
Bagger: You're putting vodka on your pasta?! Blech.
John: It's good.
Cashier: How do you make vodka sauce?
John: (here he explained the recipe, I won't re-type that)
Cashier: If you put too much vodka in do you get drunk and full at the same time?
John: No.
Bagger: I'd still put cheddar on it.

Now read it again knowing the bagger was special.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!