Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Em.Barr.Ass.Ing

For easily a couple weeks, I complained to John that the CD player in my car was broken. Prior to this, it was working on a sporadic basis. Sometimes my clock doesn't work either. I guess this is to be expected on a car that is 6 years old, has more than 100,000 miles on it and wasn't very expensive in the first place. Good old, Blue. I lamented to my sister that I wouldn't be able to listen to my Glee CD's on my 45+ minute commute each morning and evening. Sad, indeed. I was also devastated that whatever CD was in the player would not or could not be ejected and was lost forever. Each day, without fail, I pressed Eject and waited. Nothing.

One day I decided to try to put in a CD. I'm not sure what prompted this but nevertheless, I selected a CD to shove in the slot. Lo and behold, it went in and started playing. You guessed it. My CD player wasn't broken, it just had no CD to play. In my defense its playing is still hit or miss and totally unreliable but it does, in fact, work.

...

I mentioned that we finally met our neighbors after living in the house for 6 months. They are a younger couple (like us!) whom we wish desperately to befriend. Making friends is tough so you might as well start close to home. Well, I think we made a good impression on Saturday while we chatted during the garage sale save for one small thing.... John had made us peanut butter and banana smoothies (yum) just before this meeting. He delivered this smoothie to me in a cobalt blue stemmed glass. A glass that you could definitely drink wine from. It's actually my sangria glass but we also use it for smoothies. I was holding said glass and sipping said smoothie when we met them. It wasn't until later that I had a terrible thought. What if they did think I was drinking wine? It was 1:30pm. How embarrassing to be pegged as a daytime drinker whilst not at a winery or barbecue (two acceptable places for daytime drinking, a third is on vacation -- where all bets are off). So, hopefully they dont't think me a lush and will accept our open-ended invitation to "get together sometime." See what I mean about it being hard to make friends? I'm given an opening for friendship and instead, give off the impression of alcoholic tendencies. (Drinkin alone, and during the day)

I'll just crawl in a hole for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!