Sunday, May 15, 2011

Recipe Re-blog #19

Two new main dish recipes this week, folks. Can you stand it? Neither can I!

Pepper Jack Cheesy Mac: I found this online at Very Best Baking, a website that is devoted to recipes using the ingredients from the Nestle family. I had really high hopes for this dish. Mac and cheese is probably one of my top 5 favorite meals. No joke. I'm also a big fan of pepper jack cheese. I added broccoli for a bit more nutrition, which was a welcome addition. Unfortunately, this recipe fell short for me. The sauce never got very creamy, which I prefer. Initially I did award it a sleeve in the recipe binder. However, after eating the leftovers, it was sadly de-sleeved. You can probably skip this one.

Slow Cooker Pineapple-Pork Tacos: Surprisingly, both recipes this week come from products' websites. This one is Betty Crocker. I am not the biggest pork fan but John likes it so I try to incorporate it when I can. I'm also always looking for good crockpot recipes. These were really easy and didn't involve that many ingredients. Another plus! I actually thought they were pretty tasty so they got a sleeve in the binder. However, it says it feeds 6. Wrong! We were lucky to get dinner for 2 nights out of this. So, 4 servings is probably the max you can expect here. And, next time I'd throw in more pineapple. Give it a shot though!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!