Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Autumnal Beers, Part II

Though it would seem otherwise, I promise you John and I do not just sit around and drink all the time. Alcohol only on weekends and some of these, and last week's pumpkin beers, were just tastings and not full glasses. So there!






Why is this picture giant?




Breckenridge After Rakin' Autumn Ale: This isn't a pumpkin ale but I thought it deserved some notice just the same. It's dark for sure and has a subtle smokiness to it. Breckenridge is quickly becoming one of my favorite breweries. Everything I've had from them is delicious, albeit pricey. The alcohol content on this is 6.7% so be careful, folks. Start your night with this one, whatever you do, do not end it here. From the bottle: "Full body caramel malt flavor with medium hop character." This was smooth and the name is way cute, right?








Smuttynose Pumpkin Ale: This was my first time trying anything from Smuttynose so I'm not sure how their non-seasonal beers are but the pumpkin was delicious! From the bottle: "we brew our ale with the addition of pumpkin to the mash, along with traditional spices to create a delicious American original." Out of all the pumpkins I've tried thus far, this has the purest pumpkin flavor, I think. It's also one of the most reasonably priced. I would definitely get this again, even though I'm trying not to repeat before I get through all of the pumpkin beers I can get my hands on!





And this picture is tiny!


Abita Pecan Harvest Ale: John read about this somewhere and then the next morning after we tried it, they reviewed it on the weekend TODAY show. I felt so current! This beer is brewed with Louisiana pecans and boy can you taste them! The rich amber color screams fall and so does the flavor. From the bottle: "made with real Louisiana pecans that have been toasted to perfection......The natural oils give the ale a light pecan finish and aroma." If you are not a nut fan, you probably won't like this beer because it sure is nutty! I, however, am a nut fan and therefore a fan of this beer. Price point is decent on most Abita's as well.


There you have it. Cheers to the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!