Sunday, October 30, 2011

Recipe Re-blog #43

You know what's tough? Coming home from vacation where all you've done is order meals from a menu or walk through a buffet line and then have to get back in the kitchen. Don't get me wrong, I love cooking. But, I also love being waited on hand and foot.

Spicy Bean Soup: A couple years ago, I made a new soup almost every week to take to work for lunch. It was great! No, it wasn't any cheaper than just buying cans but I like to think it was probably healthier and tastier. Last year, for some reason, I don't think I made any new soups. But, the temperatures here are delving squarely into the 40's and that means, soup time! I busted out my crockpot for this chock-full-o'-fiber bean soup. The recipe was in my Better Homes & Gardens crockpot cookbook. For me, the flavor was a little lacking. I think I would make it again but bump up the seasonings quite a bit. Also, have the Gas-X near. Just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!