Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Dead and Gone

Dead and Gone is the 9th book in the Southern Vampire Mystery series by Charlaine Harris. I think I'm almost done with the books that have been released thus far. Sad.



Oh Sookie, Sookie. What have you gotten yourself into this time? In the latest installment, Sookie is trying to figure out her new faery (I don't know why it's spelled like this) family and where she fits in when a treacherous faery war breaks out. Heavens to Betsy! Her great-Grandfather Niall is at offs with his brother Breandan. Breandan doesn't believe any partial fae (seriously, spelling from the book!) -- meaning Sookie -- should be allowed to live. In the meantime, someone has crucified Jason's pregnant estranged were-panther wife Crystal (Honestly, how did I ever get involved in this series The weres and shape shifters have just revealed themselves in public when previously their identities were secret. Sookie finds herself in a world of trouble, learns some disturbing news about her family's past and prays Eric Northman will use their blood bond to come save her. Mercy me!



I liked this one. Learning more about Sookie's familial lines and departing a bit from the werewolves (my least favorite supernatural group, if a person can have one) was nice. Dead and Gone helped pass my brief hour-long flights to and from Atlanta nicely. I prefer to read lighter books when I travel became I am easily distracted in airports and on planes. This fit the bill perfectly. Thinking about finishing off the series as beach reading in Mexico VERY SOON! If you started at the beginning of this series, keep going. If not, go back and start at #1, even if you think you're not into the vampire/supernatural craze. You might be surprised at the mindless departure these mysteries provide.



Rating: *** 1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!